Current:Home > reviewsSafeX Pro:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -TrueNorth Finance Path
SafeX Pro:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
PredictIQ View
Date:2025-04-07 04:25:03
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,SafeX Pro which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (6915)
Related
- Backstage at New York's Jingle Ball with Jimmy Fallon, 'Queer Eye' and Meghan Trainor
- California offshore wind promises a new gold rush while slashing emissions
- Bidding a fond farewell to Eastbay, the sneakerhead's catalogue
- Al Pacino, 83, Welcomes First Baby With Girlfriend Noor Alfallah
- Most popular books of the week: See what topped USA TODAY's bestselling books list
- Vermont police officer, 19, killed in high-speed crash with suspect she was chasing
- Text: Joe Biden on Climate Change, ‘a Global Crisis That Requires American Leadership’
- Warming Trends: Farming for City Dwellers, an Upbeat Climate Podcast and Soil Bacteria That May Outsmart Warming
- Costco membership growth 'robust,' even amid fee increase: What to know about earnings release
- England will ban single-use plastic plates and cutlery for environmental reasons
Ranking
- Paige Bueckers vs. Hannah Hidalgo highlights women's basketball games to watch
- See the Major Honor King Charles III Just Gave Queen Camilla
- Inside Clean Energy: Tesla Gets Ever So Close to 400 Miles of Range
- Text: Joe Biden on Climate Change, ‘a Global Crisis That Requires American Leadership’
- Trump invites nearly all federal workers to quit now, get paid through September
- Chrissy Teigen Slams Critic Over Comments About Her Appearance
- On Climate, Kamala Harris Has a Record and Profile for Action
- Man found dead in Minnesota freezer was hiding from police, investigators say
Recommendation
The city of Chicago is ordered to pay nearly $80M for a police chase that killed a 10
Al Pacino, 83, Welcomes First Baby With Girlfriend Noor Alfallah
People in Tokyo wait in line 3 hours for a taste of these Japanese rice balls
Biden signs a bill to fight expensive prison phone call costs
Rolling Loud 2024: Lineup, how to stream the world's largest hip hop music festival
Protests Target a ‘Carbon Bomb’ Linking Two Major Pipelines Outside Boston
Christy Turlington’s 19-Year-Old Daughter Grace Burns Makes Runway Debut in Italy
Indiana deputy dies after being attacked by inmate during failed escape
Tags
Like
- Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco after 1 year together: 'Forever begins now'
- Warming Trends: What Happens Once We Stop Shopping, Nano-Devices That Turn Waste Heat into Power and How Your Netflix Consumption Warms the Planet
- Kim Kardashian Proves Her Heart Points North West With Sweet 10th Birthday Tribute